Course: B Sc(Science-Bio)
The combination stands to be most popular amongst the students as it encompasses the applied as well as basic Sciences. This combination prepares the students for a sound base in biological Sciences to face national level entrance examinations for Post Graduate studies.
Eligibility10 + 2 from any government recognized board (Ex. CBSE, ICSE, MP Board) with Science subjects.
Documents Required for Admission
· Attested copy of Class X marksheet
· Attested copy of Class XII marksheet
· School leaving certificate
· Caste certificate (for SC/ST/OBC candidates)
SyllabusAs prescribed by DAVV
Options for Future Studies
Students can persue M. Sc. in various disciplines like Biotechnology, Microbiology,Industrial Microbiology, Genetic Engineering, Genomics, Bioinformatics, Plant Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Forensic Science, Biochemistry, Chemistry,Pharmaceutical Chemistry & many more. Later students can apply for Doctrate & Post Doctrate degree.
- Job opportunities in Pharmaceutical Companies, Food Industries & various industrial sectors like Dairy, Breweries, Cosmetics, Paint, Petroleum, Metallurgy, Textiles, Vaccines, Diagnostics.
- Students can set up a small scale industry & develop as an entrepreneur which includes Water Purification Industry, Enzyme Production, Soap & detergent Industry, Biofertilizer Production.
- Research options for Ph. D. and jobs as scientists in government institutes like CSIR, ICMR, BARC, DBT, TFIR, CFTRI, IMTECH, NIV etc.
The library has separate reference; UG issue and PG issue sections. Our library has are over 1850 books related to Biotechnology, Microbiology and Life Sciences with more than 722 titles which amount over Rs. 13,00,000.
- Technical skills are the most important part of learning in science. Department of Biosciences and Chemical sciences have well equipped Biotechnology, Microbiology, Lifesciences, Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Chemistry laboratories.
- Important instruments like Orbital shaker, Cooling centrifuge, Sonicator, Bench top fermentor, UV-Vis Spectrophotometer, Incubators, Hot air ovens, Projection microscopes, Laminar airflow units, Autoclaves, Polarimeter are frequently used in routine practicals.
- Students are thoroughly trained in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Plant Biotechnology, Immunology, Biochemistry, Analytical techniques.
Salient Features of the Department
The teaching methodology is supported by the following sound infra –structure facilities and extra academic activities to provide an additional edge to the student at our institute.
Government Funded Research Projects
· “Production of High Fructose Corn Syrup using Immobilized Glucose Isomerase” (2015), funded by Madhya Pradesh Council of Science and Technology, Bhopal, M.P. Principal Investigator, Dr. Sheetal Bhasin.
· “In vitro regeneration and yield improvement of secondary metabolites from tissue culture of Swertia chirayita andCelastrus paniculatus” (2014), funded by Madhya Pradesh Biotechnology Council, Bhopal, M.P. Principal Investigator, Dr. Monica Jain
· “Application of in vitro methods for enhanced production of secondary metabolites from Bacopamonnieri” (2013), funded by Madhya Pradesh Council of Science and Technology, Bhopal, M.P. Principal Investigator, Dr. Monica Jain
· “Modification and Polymerisation of Phthalocyanine Macromolecule” funded by Madhya Pradesh Council of Science and Technology, Bhopal, M.P. Principal Investigator, Dr. Anjani Phadnis and Dr. Dipak Sharma.
Conferences Organized by the Department
- National Conference Funded by MPCST “Coaxial Living with Microbes: Impact on health and environment” in Association with Microbiologist Society, India to be organized in 16th October 2015.
- First International Young Scientist Congress “Global Youth Empowerment: Opportunities and Challenges” organized by International Science Congress Association held at Maharaja Ranjit College of Professional Sciences, Indore, August 2015.
- “Science and Technology for Sustainable Development” organized by International Science Congress Association, Maharaja Ranjit Singh College, Indore, (M. P.) December 2011.
- “Expanding Horizons in Sciences” International Symposium on Research in Basic Sciences organized by Maharaja Ranjit Singh College of Professional Sciences, Indore on occasion of International Year of Chemistry - 2011, February 2011.
Postgraduate and Graduate Level Research Projects
Name of Faculty
No. of Projects Guided
Dr. Anand Nighojkar
Dr. Sheetal Bhasin
Microbial Technology, Actinobacterial Metabolites and Enzymes
Dr. Mamta Shrivastav
Dr. Sadhana Nighojkar
Enzymology, Microbial Biotechnology
Dr. Monica Jain
Plant Tissue Culture, Mutagenesis, Production of Secondary Metabolites
Dr. Mukesh Patidar
Microbial Biotechnology, Enzymology
Ms. Kirti Bala Gupta
Immunology, Plant Biotechnology
Prof. Ashish Purohit
Prof. Amogh Bhatnagar
Ms. Pinkey Rajpal
Ms. Zahabiya Saifee
Production of Enzymes
Ms. Fatema Matkawala
Production and purification of Enzymes, MDR Bacteria & Biofertilizers
Workshops Organized by the Department
Workshops are regularly organized for enhancing the technical skills of teachers, post graduate and graduate level students.
- Hands on Plant tissue culture (Students from Queens College), 2016.
- In Service Training for PGT (Bio) for Central School Teachers, 2014, 2016.
- Technical Advances in Biology for Mata Gujri Girls Public School, Indore, 2016.
- Bionanotechnology, by Maharaja Students Association, 2015.
- Workshop for GHPS Students, 2015.
- Traversing Microbial Biotechnology for Mata Gujri Girls Public School, Indore, 2015.
- Workshop on Statistical skills in 1st International Young Scientist Congress, 2015.
- Threshold of a Pharmaceutical Microbiologist at Maharaja Ranjit Singh College of Professional Sciences, 2013.
- Enterpreneuship Awareness Camp in association with MPCON, NSTEDB, 2012.
- Workshop for Govt. College Khargone, 2012.
- PTC-PG Govt College Khargone, 2012.
- Plant Tissue Culture- Golden International School, 2011-2012.
- Plant Tissue Culture-Lab Practices Made Easy, funded by MPCST, Bhopal, 2011
- Hands on training in plant tissue culture for Shubh Deep Ayurvedic Medical College, 2010-2011.
- Hands on training in plant tissue culture for BM Pharmaceutical college in Indore, 2010–2011.
- Workshop for Jaora School Students, 2010-2011.
- Workshop on Botanical nomenclature of Plants in College campus by Dr. Deewanji, 2010.
- Workshop for GHPS and MGGPS, 2009.
- Workshop on Molecular Biology for UG and PG Students, in association with Genei, Bangalore.
- Regular series of Workshops on “Exploring the World of Biosciences” for school students.
- Immunodiagnostic kits for Microbial Diseases and Disorders, in association with Span Diagnostics, 2006.
- A short Quadrat Study at Ralamandal bioconservatory, Indore with B.Sc. students guided by Dr. V.B. Deewanji, 2006.
- “Science Scores”, 2004.
- “Science Week”1998-2003.
Seminars Organized by the Department
- “Bionanotechnology Unleashed” at Maharaja Ranjit Singh College of Professional Sciences.
- Workshop on “Protocols and Procedures in a Pharma Company” March 2012.
- Seminar on “Regulatory Affairs and Analytical Control in a Pharmaceutical Industry” 2013.
Intercollegiate Events Organized by the Department
- Madhya Pradesh Biotechnology Council sponsored “Intercollegiate Events on Biotechnology” at Maharaja Ranjit Singh College of Professional Sciences in September 2016.
- Madhya Pradesh Biotechnology Council sponsored “Intercollegiate Events on Biotechnology” at Maharaja Ranjit Singh College of Professional Sciences in February 2015.
- Madhya Pradesh Biotechnology Council sponsored “Intercollegiate Events on Biotechnology” at Maharaja Ranjit Singh College of Professional Sciences in February 2014.
- Madhya Pradesh Biotechnology Council sponsored “Intercollegiate Events on Biotechnology” at Maharaja Ranjit Singh College of Professional Sciences in February 2013.
Educational tours are a regular feature of the department which enables the students to explore the ever increasing horizons in their field by attending national and international level conferences, industries and research institutes:
- Vellore - Participation in Annual Conference of Biotech Research Society India, 2016, 8 students and 1 teacher, 05-12-2016 to 12-12-2016, Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore.
- Coimbatore, Ooty and Cunoor - Participation in Annual Conference of AMI 2014, 20 students and 2 teachers, 10-11-2014 to 18-11-2014, Tamil Nadu University, Visit to Pasteur Institute, Cunoor, Ooty.
- Coimbatore – Participation in International Science Congress, Tamil Nadu, Dec. 2013.
- Rohtak and New Delhi - 20 students and 2 teachers, Participation in Annual Conference of AMI 2013, 15-11-2011 to 21-11-2011s, M. D.University, Rohtak and New Delhi.
- Bhubaneshwar - Annual Conference of AMI 2012, 22 students and 2 teachers, 20-11-2012 to 27-11-2012, Bhubaneshwar.
- Chandigarh - Participation in Annual Conference of AMI 2011, 32 students and 3 teachers, 02-11-2011 to 08-11-2011, Visit to IMTECH, Chandigarh.
- Pune and Lonavla - Annual Conference of AMI 2009, 21 students and 2 teachers, 14-12-2009 to 19-12-2009,Visit to F & D Department Lupin, Pune, December 2009.
- Gangtok - Participation in Conference organized by ISBT, 60 students and 4 teachers, 2008, Sikkim Manipal University, December 2008.
- New Delhi - Participation in Annual Conference of AMI 2008, 20 students and 2 teachers, Delhi University, New Delhi, November 2008.
- Chennai - Participation in Annual Conference of AMI 2007, 5 students and 2 teachers, IIT Chennai, Chennai, December 2007.
- Mumbai - Piramal Healthcare R & D Department, Chemical API Unit, 25-10-2004 to 30-10-2004.
- New Delhi - Mother Dairy, Pragati Maidan Science Fair, October 2003.
- Ahmedabad and Gandhi Dham, 2012.
- Jim Corbet, Nainital, Moussurie, Haidwar, Hrishikesh, 2016.
- Chandigarh, Kullu, Manali, Rohtang, Amritsar, Atari (Wagha) Border 2015.
- Coimbatore, Ooty, Madurai, Rameshwaram, Tirupati, Thanjaur, Tamil Nadu, 2013.
- Trivandrum, Thekri, Munnar, Kochin, Ernakulum, Kanya Kumari, 2010.
- Gangtok, Lachung, Nathulla Pass, 2008.
- Amritsar, Wagha Border, Chandigarh, Shimla, Kullu, Manali, Manikaran, Rohtang Pass, 2007.
- Calcutta Darjeling, 2005
Industrial /Institutional/ Field Visits
· MSME and visited at Asha Confectionary Pvt. Ltd., ( 2017).
· Sonisons herbal industry, (2017).
· Ultra waste Management Plant at Khajrana, (2017).
· Indus Mega Food Park, (2016).
· Nature Agro Care, Indore, (2016 and 2013).
· Cyano Pharma and HLL Life Care, (2015).
· Department of Laboratory and Transfusion Medicine Greater Kailash Hospital, Indore, (2017, 2014, 2013, 2012).
· IPCA Laboratories, Indore, (2014).
· Nicholas Piramal, Pithampur.
· Department of Life Science, UTD, DAVV, Indore, (2004).
· Pathology Department, Choithram Hospital and Research Centre, Indore, (2000).
· National Research Centre for Soybean, Indore, (2000).
· Sevel Pharmaceuticals, Indore.
· Dujohn Pharmaceuticals, Indore.
Sirpur Lake Visit on World Water Day, (2016).
· Resham Kendra (Sericulture) Sanver Road Indore, (2013).
· Doddabetta Tea factory, Ooty, (2013).
· Badgonda forest nursery and Vermi culture visit, (2012).
· Machal Bird watching camp, (2012).
· Bombay Hospital, (2010).
· Sanchi Industries, (2008).
· Plant Biotechnology Lab, Jain Irrigations Ltd. Jalgaon, (2006).
· Dr. K. N. Guruprasad, Earth- A Natural Laboratory, 2016.
· Mrs. Amrita Jasani, Personal Hygiene, 2016.
· Dr. Bhavesh Patel, Metagenomics, 2015.
· Dr. H. A. Modi, Probiotics & Prebiotics, 2014.
· Dr. Vimukta Sharma, Regulatory Affairs in Pharmaceutical Industries, 2013.
· Dr. Anand Kar, Thyroid Abnormalities and Their Regulation, 2013.
· Dr. B. J. Rao, Molecular Plasticity in Biological Systems, 2013.
· Dr. Govindjee, The Fascinating World of Photosynthesis, 2012.
· Dr. Sanat Kumar Jain, In-situ treatment of Natural Drains carrying sewage, 2012.
· Dr. Umakant, Recent Advances and Developments in Science, 2012.
· Dr. Neera Jain, An insight to pharma companies.
· Dr. C. Bharadwaj, Opportunities in Research, 2010.
· Mr. V. Vaishnav, Personality Development, 2010.
· Mr. Sanjay Sinha, Present Scenario on Pharmaceutical Industries, 2009.
· Dr. Anil Sanghvi, Cancer and its causes, 2009.
· Mr. Nitesh Jasani, Organic Farming.
· Dr. Jaydeep Mathur, Plant Biotechnology, 2008.
· Dr. Ashoh Chaudhary, Future Prospects of Biotechnology.
· Dr. Manoj Sharma, Career Opportunities in Pharmaceutical Industries, 2008.
· Mr. Roopak Kumar, Pharmaceutical Industry, 2008.
· Mr. Gopal Nandeda, Food Quality Testing Kits, 2008.
· Mr. Sanjay Patidar, Pharmaceutical Industry, 2008.
· Dr. Swarnjeet Singh, Director IMTECH Chandigarh, Biosurfactants.
· Dr. Milind Watve, Microbial Diversity, 2007.
· Mr. Amit Dixit, Present Scenario in Pharma Industry.
· Mr. Nilesh Trivedi, Industrial Motivation.
· Dr. Bhavesh Patel, Microbial Enhanced Oil Recovery.
· Dr. Nagar, Battalions of the Body – Immune Cells.
· Ms. Catherine Raphael, Quality Control in a Pharma Industry, 2007
· Mr. Pankaj Shrivastav, IFS, Chief Conservator of Forest, Research and extension, Indore.
· Dr. V.B. Deewanji, Eminent Taxonomist, Indore.
· Dr. Tushar Banerjee, School of Life Sciences, DAVV, Indore.
· Dr. Ajay Namdeo, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, BhartiVidyapeeth, Pune.
· Dr. SharadTiwari, Director, Biotechnology Centre, J.N.K.V.V., Jabalpur.
· Dr. Ashwin Kashikar, Head Biotechnology Dept, Ankur Seeds, Nagpur.
· Dr. JaideepMathur, Proefessor, Orlando University.
· Dr. Bhattacharjee, Retd. Scientist, BARC, Mumbai.
Name of Teacher
Ph.D. Students Awarded
Ph.D. Students Registered
Conferences &Workshops Attended
Funded Research Projects
Dr. Anand Nighojkar
Dr. Dipak Sharma
Dr. Sheetal Bhasin
Dr. Monica Jain
Dr. Mukesh Patidar
Dr. Lal Kumar Chandel
Ms. Deepika Choudhary
Ms. Fatema Matkawala
Ms. Zahabiya Saifee
- Dr. Anand Nighojkar, Dr. Dipak Sharma and Dr. Monica Jain are recognized Ph. D. supervisors at DAVV.
- Dr. Sheetal Bhasin, Dr. Monica Jain and Dr. Mukesh Patidar are Resource persons in development of e-modules for UGC Consortium for Educational Communication India under National Mission on Education, ICT, Ministry of Human Resource Development, India.
- Dr. Anand Nighojkar is nominated as subject expert in various examination committees, college inspection committees and college code 28 selection committee.
- Dr. Dipak Sharma is the founder fellow member of International Science Community Association.
- Dr. Dipak Sharma is the Editor-in-chief of Research Journal of Chemical Sciences.
- Dr. Anand Nighojkar, Dr. Dipak Sharma, Dr. Sheetal Bhasin and Dr. Monica Jain are reviewer’s in international research journals.
- Dr. Dipak Sharma, Dr. Sheetal Bhasin and Dr. Monica Jain are members of Editorial Board for International Research Journals (UGC Approved).
- Dr. Anand Nighojkar, Dr. Sheetal Bhasin and Dr. Monica Jain have been Member Board of Studies in Microbiology, Biotechnology since 2005 till 2016.
- Dr. Anand Nighojkar, Dr. Dipak Sharma, Dr. Sheetal Bhasin and Dr. Monica Jain have been invited for Invited talks and chaired sessions in International and National level Conferences.
- Dr. Sheetal Bhasin and Dr. Monica Jain have been awarded for best paper presentation at various International and National level conferences.
- Dr. Monica Jain is nominated as Mentor by DST for Inspire fellowship.
- Faculty members are involved in innovative research and submitted nucleotide sequences in NCBI.
· Dr. Anand Nighojkar - JF831015.1, KR 908781.I and KT 945096.1
· Dr. Sheetal Bhasin- HQ 265407 and HQ 634143
· Dr. Mukesh Patidar- KR 908781.I and KT 945096.1
- Dr. Anand Nighojkar, Dr. Monica Jain, Dr. Mukesh Patidar, Resource person for Refresher and Orientation Courses at DAVV.
- Dr. Monica Jain is actively engaged in Scientific consultancy for government funded research projects in M.P. Forest Department (REI).
- Dr. Sheetal Bhasin, actively engaged in consultancy for industries Cynopharma, Indore and Nature Agrocare, Indore.
- Faculty members are active in scientific associations.
- Dr. Anand Nighojkar member of Indian Science Congress.
- Dr. Anand Nighojkar and Dr. Monica Jain members of International Science Congress Association and International Society of Biotechnology.
- Dr. Sheetal Bhasin Association of Microbiologists of India, Biotech Research Society of India and International Science Congress Association.
- Faculty members upgrade themselves by regularly attending Conferences, Workshops, Refresher courses, orientation programme and technical trainings.
Extra Curriular ActivitiesCollege Life at MRSC also includes fun frolic such as:
· Annual Function
· Creativity Day
· Traditional Day
· Garba Day
· Movie Day
· Fresher’s Party
· Farewell Party
· Red Day
· Green Day
· Junior Senior Cricket Match
· Blood donation Camp
Students are encouraged to participate in various sports events like football, volleyball, basketball, athletics etc. The students have represented college, university and state in various tournaments. The students have bagged in various prizes bringing laurels to the institute.
Students are also encouraged to exhibit their talent in Youth festival. Our students have won various events such as light vocal solo, classical solo, clay art etc. at college, university, state and also national level.
Our graduates are placed all around the globe in various MNC’s of Pharmaceutical, Food and Medicinal sectors. The lists of our well placed alumnis is endless. Some bright shining stars are placed in Novartis Healthcare Pvt. Ltd, Glaxo smithklinePvt. Ltd., Serum Institute, Biocon, Sunpharma, Cipla, IPCA laboratories, Piramal Healthcare, Biorad, Merk etc.