Course: MSc Microbiology
M. Sc. (Microbiology) is a 2-year post graduation degree course.
Since 2006, M.Sc. Microbiology students explore and visualize the fascinating world of Microbes. MRSC produces skilled personnel catering various fields like Pharmaceutical Fermentation, Food & Neutraceuticals and various sector health and environment. The students of MRSC are made practically skilled and theoretically sound to stand apart from the crowd as winners. The students are propelled to undergo research and the previous batches exhibited remarkable participation of more than a dozen research presentations in conventions of national and international repute such as AMI, BRSI, ISCA, TBS, NCBB, PTCAI etc.
The past results of the course have been encouraging with almost 100 % every year in M.Sc. final year. The alumni are well placed in breath of Indian subcontinents in industries as well academia.
We provide M.Sc. course with the following specializations also:
- M.Sc. (Biotechnology)
- M.Sc. (Chemistry)
- M.Sc. (Pharma Chemistry)
Eligibility: Minimum eligibility required is graduation in Science-Biology.
Admission Process: As per the guidelines of MP Higher Education, admission is through online registration. This is followed by direct admission through College Level Counseling (CLC).
Opportunities and Scope:
Students can pursue PhD in following areas:
- Industrial Microbiology
- Genetic Engineering
- Plant Biotechnology
- Molecular Biology
- Forensic Science
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry & many more
Various opportunities in the corporate world:
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Food Industries
- various industrial sectors like Dairy, Breweries, Cosmetics, Paint, Petroleum, Metallurgy, Textiles, Vaccines, and Diagnostics.
- Students can set up a small-scale industry & develop as an entrepreneur, including Water Purification Industry, Enzyme Production, Soap & detergent Industry, and Biofertilizer Production.
- Research options for Ph. D.
- Jobs as scientists in government institutes like CSIR, ICMR, BARC, DBT, TFIR, CFTRI, IMTECH, NIV, etc.